Come explore the root causes of the underrepresentation of #Asian Americans in the U.S. clinical trials on October 20, 2022 at 11 AM CST with our distinguished panelists.
Know more & register @ chisite.org/events-all/engaging-historically-underrepresented-asian-communities-in-clinical-trials
Diversity Lecture Series
A Collaboration with The Center for Health Care Innovation (CHISite.org)
This 9-Part Virtual series provides an in depth exploration and review of issues affecting the lack of diversity in clinical trials in the U.S.
According to the FDA, African Americans and Hispanics comprise only 8% and 11 % of clinical trial participants in the U.S., while comprising 13% and 19% of the total U.S. population.
CHI's educational series in partnership with the AGREED workgroup will convene many of the country's leading clinical trial and diversity experts, physicians, scholars, researchers, and key opinion leaders to explore factors that have led to the historical and current underrepresentation of BIPOC patients in the U.S. clinical trials.
- JANUARY: UNCONSCIOUS BIASES & MICROAGGRESSIONS IN HEALTHCARE
- FEBRUARY: UNDERSTANDING HEALTH LITERACY FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH ENROLLMENT
- MARCH: HOW THE PREVALENCE OF CHRONIC DISEASES IMPACTS CLINICAL RESEARCH
- APRIL: THE INTERSECTION OF GENETICS & CANCER IN CLINICAL TRIALS
- MAY: CLINICAL RESEARCH & DISCLOSURE PRACTICES THROUGH A DEI LENS
- JUNE: HEALTH EQUITY CONCERNS OF DECENTRALIZED CLINICAL TRIALS
- SEPTEMBER: INCREASING DIVERSITY AMONG PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATORS & THE CLINICAL TRIAL COMMUNITY
- OCTOBER 1: ENGAGING HISTORICALLY UNDERREPRESENTED ASIAN COMMUNITIES IN CLINICAL TRIALS
- OCTOBER 2: ENGAGING HISTORICALLY UNDERREPRESENTED HISPANIC COMMUNITIES IN CLINICAL TRIALS